This article lists solutions to avoid damage to your system. The steps mentioned below would completely wipe-out the virus infection from your computer. You need to follow the steps strictly in the given manner.
1. End Suspicious Processes
2. Run Complete Virus Scan
3. Set Default Parameters to the Hosts File
4. Remove Malicious Registry Entries
End Suspicious Processes
Firstly you have to look up and end suspicious processes running in your system. You can do this by following the steps given below:
· Type “Taskmgr” (without quotes) in the Search Box.
· Click Taskmgr and go to the Processes Tab.
· Locate following processes one by one:
Driver New Folder.exe
Document and Settings \ All Users \ Desktop \ gphone.exe
Driver letter gphone.exe
Root Folder gphone.exe
Run Complete Virus Scan
This is no doubt a virus infection and it needs to be dealt with a powerful Antivirus software. Download an antivirus program. There are number of free antivirus programs available on the Internet. Do full system scan and remove infected files.
Note: If you already have an antivirus installed, there is a possibility that it has failed to detect the virus. Hence you should obtain a powerful antivirus instead of using the old one.
Set Default Parameters in the Hosts File
This virus infection can alter as well as infect your system Host file. Therefore you need to tackle the problem by resetting the Hosts file. Follow the steps given below to do so:
· Click the Start button.
· Type %systemroot% \system32\drivers\etc in the Search Box
· Click OK.
· You may find Hosts file there in the “ETC” folder, rename the file to Hosts.Old. This would be a good backup in case of emergency.
· Right-click on free space in the ETC folder.
· Select New from context menu, select Text Document
· Type Hosts and press ENTER.
· Open the newly created Hosts file using Notepad.
· Copy following text into the file:
File Name: Hosts
File Type: All Files
· Close Notepad.
Remove Malicious Registry Entries
Windows Registry is integral part of the system processes. Yahoo Email Virus has its own Registry entries. They contain data to be used for hacking, retrieving sensitive information and so on. Unless and until these entries are removed, the virus can re-establish a network connection to transit the data. In other words, your computer is unprotected until these entries are deleted.
How to delete these entries? Well, it is not so easy to do this job manually. You need an advance knowledge of handling Registry keys, identifying problems and implementing correct changes.
· Download RegInOut System Utilities.
· Install and open the program.
· Scan the entire Registry.
· Fix all errors and delete all malicious entries.